The partial government shutdown, now three weeks long, continues with no end in sight. Affordable housing programs and the low-income people they serve are already being negatively impacted. The longer the shutdown continues, the greater its harm will be, and the lowest income people – seniors, people with disabilities, and families with children – will suffer the most.
This national call will provide information on the shutdown’s impacts on affordable housing and community development programs. NLIHC and other leaders of the Campaign for Housing and Community Development Funding will provide updates on the latest information and guidance on how advocates can engage lawmakers to help end the shutdown.
• Elayne Weiss, National Low Income Housing Coalition (moderator)
• Doug Rice, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
• Ellen Lurie Hoffman, National Housing Trust
• Linda Couch, LeadingAge
• Tess Hembree, NAHRO
• Steve Berg, National Alliance to End Homelessness
• David Lipsetz, Housing Assistance Council
• Joe Lindstrom, National Low Income Housing Coalition
Read NLIHC's update on the shutdown at: https://bit.ly/2AzHoju