Housing instability is a root cause of hunger. The “rent eats first” and “heat or eat” are phrases that anti-hunger stakeholders hear all too often. With families spending half or more of their incomes on shelter, it’s no wonder that tens of millions cannot afford to put food on the table.
In honor of Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, join FRAC in:
- Drawing attention to the intersections of hunger and housing instability
- Exploring research from the Eviction Lab on the connections between evictions and decreased SNAP participation
- Identifying key housing policies that promote equity and opportunities to engage
- Alexandra Ashbrook, Director, Root Causes and Specific Populations, FRAC
- Carl Gershenson, Ph.D, Project Director, Eviction Lab
- Chantelle Wilkinson, National Campaign Director, Opportunity Starts at Home