Please join us on Thursday, September 12 for a briefing on Capitol Hill to discuss issues related to students who are parents. The briefing will highlight key aspects of the forthcoming Government Accountability Office (GAO) report as well as hear from current and/or former student parents, researchers, and other experts about the challenges of completing a college credential while parenting and opportunities to promote their success.
Ascend is proud to co-host this briefing with Achieving the Dream, Center for Law and Social Policy, Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice, Institute for Women’s Policy Research, and Rise. Sponsorship is provided by the Seldin/Haring-Smith Foundation.
Capitol Hill Briefing: Postsecondary Students Who Are Parents
September 12th, 2019 | 2:00 - 3:30 pm
Capitol Visitor Center, Room 209-08
- Nicole Lynn Lewis, Founder and CEO of Generation Hope
- Lindsey Reichlin Cruse, Study Director at the Institute for Women's Policy Research
- Ariel Ventura-Lazo, Program Advisor at Northern Virginia Community College, Generation Hope Scholar, and Ascend Parent Advisor
- Daria Willis, President of Everett Community College
- David Croom, Assistant Director for Postsecondary Success at Ascend at the Aspen Institute (facilitator)
Please register here by Tuesday, September 10 if you plan to attend. Registration is required for Capitol Security purposes. Learn more about the Aspen Postsecondary Success for Parents Initiative here.